Can You Negotiate a Lease Buyout?
Buying and leasing both have their benefits, and sometimes Oakwood drivers leas and then realize they really love their vehicle. This can leave them wondering if a Mercedes-Benz lease buyout is negotiable. The answer, in most cases, is yes! Most leasing agreements include an estimated Mercedes-Benz lease buyout price in the contract, but in most cases, it is possible to negotiate an even better deal. Find out how to end a car lease early, tips for your Mercedes-Benz lease buyout negotiation, and get a great price with Mercedes-Benz of Centerville!
Tips for Buying Out a Car Lease Early
When it comes to an early Mercedes-Benz lease buyout, there are a few things you want to keep in mind to make sure you get the price that you want:
- Research vehicle prices – Usually you’ll see an estimated Mercedes-Benz lease buyout price at the end of your lease contract. If you find that the current market value for the vehicle is much lower than estimated, you’ll have the leverage to negotiate a better deal.
- Speak with your vehicle financer – If you’ve financed at your dealership, you can go directly to them. If you took a different route to finance your vehicle, your dealer may not be the sole determiner of the lease buyout price. Contact your lender directly to see if they’ll accept a lower total cost for the vehicle and see if there are any car lease early termination fees that you’ll need to consider. With this knowledge, you’re ready to start your Mercedes-Benz lease negotiation.
- Make an offer – After you’ve gathered the numbers, you can approach your dealer with an offer. If you can show that the estimate in the contract is inaccurate, dealers will generally offer you a price closer to what you’re requesting.
For more information and car buying tips, feel free to contact us at Mercedes-Benz of Centerville!
Picking the Right Mercedes-Benz Lease Buyout
Now that you’ve seen how to handle a Mercedes-Benz lease buyout negotiation, it’s important to consider your timing. It’s pretty common practice for drivers to purchase their vehicle at the end of their lease, but some drivers are interested in buying out a car lease early. When deciding between these two options, keep these considerations in mind:
- End of lease buyout: Typically, the price is set and is based on the residual value at the end of the leasing term. In select cases, you can begin an end-of-lease negotiation to improve the price.
- Early lease buyout: This provides a good option for drivers hoping to avoid mileage and service penalties. Pricing for this Mercedes-Benz lease buyout option is determined by the amount you still owe on the lease and the vehicle’s estimated remaining value at the end of the term. Additionally, some leases may include a car lease early termination fee.
Finance or Lease With Mercedes-Benz of Centerville
At Mercedes-Benz of Centerville, we’re dedicated to helping Oakwood and Bellbrook drivers find their best path to their next vehicle. Whether that means buying, leasing, or negotiating a lease buyout, our finance team associates are here to help! Browse our inventory today and pay us a visit to get started!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville
Does the Mercedes-Benz GLC complement your Kettering lifestyle? Uncover the enticing Mercedes-Benz GLC interior, offering seating for five and up to 56.5 cubic feet of cargo space, making it perfect for families in Springboro. At Mercedes-Benz of Centerville, we present an impressive range of new vehicles, including the remarkable Mercedes-Benz GLC and the sophisticated Mercedes-Benz GLC 300…
If you’re looking to upgrade your daily Kettering commute with a new luxury SUV, Mercedes-Benz of Centerville is here to help! We’re proud to offer a full lineup of new and pre-owned Mercedes-Benz vehicles in all shapes and sizes, from sleek four-door sedans to full-size family crossovers. View Inventory Contact Us One of our bestselling models…
Are you eager to get a look at the new Mercedes-Benz GLB interior? You’re in for a treat. The GLB seating is awash with sleek colors and premium materials. The GLB cargo space is quite generous, as is the passenger space, which is what you’ve come to expect from 3rd row Mercedes-Benz SUVs. And that…
Behold the 2023 EQS SUV. This iconic all-electric vehicle is the epitome of luxury and sophistication, boasting an elegant design that turns the heads of drivers everywhere. However, the EQS interior is where the real magic happens. Combining a spacious and flexible cargo area with next-level technology, it’s easy to spend time in the EQS…