What is Good Mileage On a Used Car?
When shopping for a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz, or another make and model, you want to examine the vehicle’s physical and mechanical condition, but you won’t want to stop there. You’ll also want to consider the vehicle’s mileage. You may be wondering, “Is it wise to buy a car with high mileage?” While common knowledge used to be to avoid a car with over 100,000 miles, that isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule anymore. Learn more about how mileage, condition, location, and usage should all be weighed when shopping for a used car in this guide from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
Along with mileage, there are some other factors to take into account when picking your next new-to-you vehicle:
- Usage – Not all miles are created equal. A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will experience more wear than one that has racked up 75,000 miles while hitting the highway. Ask about the previous owner’s driving history before you make a purchase.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a warm and dry climate undergo less stress than vehicles that have been primarily driven in a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Along with performing your own once-over, you’ll want to get a certified mechanic to do a more in-depth analysis to look for any mechanical issues, signs of wear, or rust. Make sure to take into account any repairs needed when looking at the purchase price.
- Maintenance – If a vehicle has been well-maintained, it’s far more likely to last longer. If the service history shows sporadic care, that could be a sign of more expensive issues to come.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than a low-mileage older car. You will need to consider all of these circumstances before making a decision:
- A car that hasn’t been driven close to the average miles per year will experience its own set of mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- A lower mileage vehicle can cost more.
If you’re looking for an affordable luxury vehicle in like-new condition, a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville may be your best option.
Find Used Cars Near Oakwood Today
If you’re looking for a pre-owned vehicle, Mercedes-Benz of Centerville offers a selection of Mercedes-Benz models to models priced under $10k. Feel free to visit our Centerville dealership to compare our CPO vs. used models, or contact us to learn more!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville
Liven up your Kettering drives with a versatile luxury vehicle. With the 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 interior, you can find a blend of elegant comfort, top-quality interior technology, and impressive performance that will bring excitement to your drives whether you’re stuck in your daily commute or relaxing with the family on the weekend. Explore the…
The Mercedes-Benz Sprinter is available in a wide range of shapes and sizes to accommodate the needs of your Kettering business. When opting for a new Mercedes-Benz Sprinter, you can select the Cargo Van, Crew Van, Passenger Van, and even Cab Chassis. Explore the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter dimensions below, and discuss upfitting options with our parts…
If you’re currently shopping around the Kettering area for a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter luxury van price, or if you’re interested in the Mercedes-Benz Metris price, we have you covered. The experts at Mercedes-Benz of Centerville created this handy guide to the Mercedes-Benz van price, so you can easily explore our Mercedes-Benz vans to find the one that’s best…
Kettering-area drivers in the market for a luxury midsize SUV that offers lots of room and premium amenities will want to explore the luxurious 2021 Mercedes-Benz GLC SUV. Between the power-folding rear seats, programmable side mirrors, and lots of other features you won’t find on other vehicles in its class, you won’t have any trouble…