What is Good Mileage On a Used Car?
When shopping for a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz, or another make and model, you want to examine the vehicle’s physical and mechanical condition, but you won’t want to stop there. You’ll also want to consider the vehicle’s mileage. You may be wondering, “Is it wise to buy a car with high mileage?” While common knowledge used to be to avoid a car with over 100,000 miles, that isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule anymore. Learn more about how mileage, condition, location, and usage should all be weighed when shopping for a used car in this guide from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
Along with mileage, there are some other factors to take into account when picking your next new-to-you vehicle:
- Usage – Not all miles are created equal. A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will experience more wear than one that has racked up 75,000 miles while hitting the highway. Ask about the previous owner’s driving history before you make a purchase.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a warm and dry climate undergo less stress than vehicles that have been primarily driven in a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Along with performing your own once-over, you’ll want to get a certified mechanic to do a more in-depth analysis to look for any mechanical issues, signs of wear, or rust. Make sure to take into account any repairs needed when looking at the purchase price.
- Maintenance – If a vehicle has been well-maintained, it’s far more likely to last longer. If the service history shows sporadic care, that could be a sign of more expensive issues to come.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than a low-mileage older car. You will need to consider all of these circumstances before making a decision:
- A car that hasn’t been driven close to the average miles per year will experience its own set of mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- A lower mileage vehicle can cost more.
If you’re looking for an affordable luxury vehicle in like-new condition, a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville may be your best option.
Find Used Cars Near Oakwood Today
If you’re looking for a pre-owned vehicle, Mercedes-Benz of Centerville offers a selection of Mercedes-Benz models to models priced under $10k. Feel free to visit our Centerville dealership to compare our CPO vs. used models, or contact us to learn more!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLE is a luxury vehicle that features a plethora of luxurious interior amenities and advanced technologies that help make your Kettering drives more enjoyable. Thanks to three powertrain options available, this luxury ride brings a sophisticated yet powerful performance to your travels. Learn more about the different trim levels like the…
The stylish 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS range is estimated at 478 miles! This exciting car provides Kettering drivers with excellent power that adds up to 186 miles of range in only 15 minutes. The EPA-estimated range is a little lower, but the Mercedes-Benz battery offers a strong charge. Learn more about the EQS charging, battery,…
If you’re interested in a spacious sedan with loads of interior amenities and advanced technologies, consider the newest Mercedes-Benz EQS near Kettering at Mercedes-Benz of Centerville. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz EQS interior cabin offers the best-in-class technologies and interior amenities sure to make your rides more comfortable and exciting. Learn more with this guide from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville, then explore…
The 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter provides drivers with advanced technology features and service intervals designed to benefit your driving needs. With that said, are the 2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter dimensions sufficient for your needs? The Cargo Van, Passenger Van, Crew Van, and Cab Chassis Sprinter configurations are customizable! So to answer the question, yes, it can be!…