What is Good Mileage On a Used Car?
When shopping for a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz, or another make and model, you want to examine the vehicle’s physical and mechanical condition, but you won’t want to stop there. You’ll also want to consider the vehicle’s mileage. You may be wondering, “Is it wise to buy a car with high mileage?” While common knowledge used to be to avoid a car with over 100,000 miles, that isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule anymore. Learn more about how mileage, condition, location, and usage should all be weighed when shopping for a used car in this guide from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
Along with mileage, there are some other factors to take into account when picking your next new-to-you vehicle:
- Usage – Not all miles are created equal. A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will experience more wear than one that has racked up 75,000 miles while hitting the highway. Ask about the previous owner’s driving history before you make a purchase.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a warm and dry climate undergo less stress than vehicles that have been primarily driven in a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Along with performing your own once-over, you’ll want to get a certified mechanic to do a more in-depth analysis to look for any mechanical issues, signs of wear, or rust. Make sure to take into account any repairs needed when looking at the purchase price.
- Maintenance – If a vehicle has been well-maintained, it’s far more likely to last longer. If the service history shows sporadic care, that could be a sign of more expensive issues to come.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than a low-mileage older car. You will need to consider all of these circumstances before making a decision:
- A car that hasn’t been driven close to the average miles per year will experience its own set of mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- A lower mileage vehicle can cost more.
If you’re looking for an affordable luxury vehicle in like-new condition, a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville may be your best option.
Find Used Cars Near Oakwood Today
If you’re looking for a pre-owned vehicle, Mercedes-Benz of Centerville offers a selection of Mercedes-Benz models to models priced under $10k. Feel free to visit our Centerville dealership to compare our CPO vs. used models, or contact us to learn more!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville
Are you interested in a 3rd-row Mercedes-Benz SUV that’s spacious and comfortable for your growing family but also easy to navigate and park in Kettering? The 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB offers all of that and much more! With the spacious Mercedes-Benz GLB dimensions and cargo space, you have plenty of room to enjoy long car rides…
Searching for a new luxury sedan to enhance your Kettering commutes? Consider the 2020 Mercedes-Benz E-Class, iconic among luxury sedan drivers. The Mercedes-Benz E-Class sedan interior offers a bevy of advanced features, one of the many reasons the new Mercedes-Benz E-Class pulls ahead of its competitors. Learn more about the E-Class interior features, as well…
The 2020 Mercedes-Benz CLS Coupe is the third generation of its original self— and experts and current drivers in Centerville alike are raving about it. If you’re considering a new 2020 CLS as your next luxury vehicle, allow this guide to reveal to you many reasons as to why it certainly should be. The CLS…
Whether you want a family-friendly SUV to enhance your daily commute out of Centerville, or one spacious enough to handle all your gear for that camping trip in Kettering, the new Mercedes-Benz GLS SUV is a great choice. This three-row SUV contains enough space for up to seven passengers and provides up to 84.7 cubic…