What is Good Mileage On a Used Car?
When shopping for a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz, or another make and model, you want to examine the vehicle’s physical and mechanical condition, but you won’t want to stop there. You’ll also want to consider the vehicle’s mileage. You may be wondering, “Is it wise to buy a car with high mileage?” While common knowledge used to be to avoid a car with over 100,000 miles, that isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule anymore. Learn more about how mileage, condition, location, and usage should all be weighed when shopping for a used car in this guide from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Used Car
Along with mileage, there are some other factors to take into account when picking your next new-to-you vehicle:
- Usage – Not all miles are created equal. A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will experience more wear than one that has racked up 75,000 miles while hitting the highway. Ask about the previous owner’s driving history before you make a purchase.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a warm and dry climate undergo less stress than vehicles that have been primarily driven in a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Along with performing your own once-over, you’ll want to get a certified mechanic to do a more in-depth analysis to look for any mechanical issues, signs of wear, or rust. Make sure to take into account any repairs needed when looking at the purchase price.
- Maintenance – If a vehicle has been well-maintained, it’s far more likely to last longer. If the service history shows sporadic care, that could be a sign of more expensive issues to come.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than a low-mileage older car. You will need to consider all of these circumstances before making a decision:
- A car that hasn’t been driven close to the average miles per year will experience its own set of mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- A lower mileage vehicle can cost more.
If you’re looking for an affordable luxury vehicle in like-new condition, a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville may be your best option.
Find Used Cars Near Oakwood Today
If you’re looking for a pre-owned vehicle, Mercedes-Benz of Centerville offers a selection of Mercedes-Benz models to models priced under $10k. Feel free to visit our Centerville dealership to compare our CPO vs. used models, or contact us to learn more!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville
Upgrade your Kettering commute with a luxury 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC for sale at Mercedes-Benz of Centerville. Whether you choose an SUV or Coupe, this family-friendly vehicle offs a luxurious interior cabin and exciting performance, thanks to the Biturbo engines and AMG® race-derived technology. Wondering about the Mercedes-Benz GLC 300 price? We have you covered with our guide…
Before heading out on Kettering roads in your next luxury SUV, find one that matches your style with the team at Mercedes-Benz of Centerville. The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC exterior colors offer plenty of options to help your new SUV stand out on the roads. The GLC 300 colors include a wide selection of 12 exterior colors and…
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLC interior has lots of interior experts and consumers alike raving. When you stop by our Centerville dealership for a test drive, you won’t have trouble seeing why! The latest Mercedes-Benz GLC interior comfortably seats up to five passengers and provides 56.5 cubic feet of cargo space for your belongings. This is…
The 2022 Mercedes-Benz GLE is a luxury vehicle that features a plethora of luxurious interior amenities and advanced technologies that help make your Kettering drives more enjoyable. Thanks to three powertrain options available, this luxury ride brings a sophisticated yet powerful performance to your travels. Learn more about the different trim levels like the…