What is Good Mileage On a Pre-Owned Car?
When shopping for a pre-owned Mercedes-Benz, or another make and model, you want to examine the vehicle’s physical and mechanical condition, but you won’t want to stop there. You’ll also want to consider the vehicle’s mileage. You may be wondering, “Is it wise to buy a car with high mileage?” While common knowledge pre-owned to be to avoid a car with over 100,000 miles, that isn’t necessarily a hard and fast rule anymore. Learn more about how mileage, condition, location, and usage should all be weighed when shopping for a pre-owned car in this guide from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville.
The Smart Way to Shop for a Pre-Owned Car
Along with mileage, there are some other factors to take into account when picking your next new-to-you vehicle:
- Usage – Not all miles are created equal. A car driven 75,000 miles in stop and go traffic will experience more wear than one that has racked up 75,000 miles while hitting the highway. Ask about the previous owner’s driving history before you make a purchase.
- Location – Vehicles that have been driven in a warm and dry climate undergo less stress than vehicles that have been primarily driven in a cold, wet climate.
- Condition – Along with performing your own once-over, you’ll want to get a certified mechanic to do a more in-depth analysis to look for any mechanical issues, signs of wear, or rust. Make sure to take into account any repairs needed when looking at the purchase price.
- Maintenance – If a vehicle has been well-maintained, it’s far more likely to last longer. If the service history shows sporadic care, that could be a sign of more expensive issues to come.
Mileage vs. Age
A newer car with high mileage may well be a better choice than a low-mileage older car. You will need to consider all of these circumstances before making a decision:
- A car that hasn’t been driven close to the average miles per year will experience its own set of mechanical issues or problems with rubber seals and gaskets.
- A vehicle with a well-documented maintenance history is preferable to one that has been neglected.
- A lower mileage vehicle can cost more.
If you’re looking for an affordable luxury vehicle in like-new condition, a Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville may be your best option.
Choosing a Pre-Owned Car Based on Mileage
What is good mileage for a pre-owned car? There is no perfect answer. It’s best to think about how much mileage that youwill get out of the pre-owned vehicle. A pre-owned vehicle with 50,000 miles that drives well could be a good purchase. However, a cheap pre-owned car with 100,000 miles could last another few years as long as it’s in decent condition. Most drivers will drive about 12,000 miles per year, so keep that in mind when comparing mileage vs. age.
Find Pre-Owned Cars Near Oakwood Today
If you’re looking for a pre-owned vehicle, Mercedes-Benz of Centerville offers a selection of Mercedes-Benz models to models priced under $10k. Feel free to visit our Centerville dealership to compare our CPO vs. pre-owned models, or contact us to learn more!
More from Mercedes-Benz of Centerville
Does the Mercedes-Benz GLC complement your Kettering lifestyle? Uncover the enticing Mercedes-Benz GLC interior, offering seating for five and up to 56.5 cubic feet of cargo space, making it perfect for families in Springboro. At Mercedes-Benz of Centerville, we present an impressive range of new vehicles, including the remarkable Mercedes-Benz GLC and the sophisticated Mercedes-Benz GLC 300…
If you’re looking to upgrade your daily Kettering commute with a new luxury SUV, Mercedes-Benz of Centerville is here to help! We’re proud to offer a full lineup of new and pre-owned Mercedes-Benz vehicles in all shapes and sizes, from sleek four-door sedans to full-size family crossovers. View Inventory Contact Us One of our bestselling models…
Are you eager to get a look at the new Mercedes-Benz GLB interior? You’re in for a treat. The GLB seating is awash with sleek colors and premium materials. The GLB cargo space is quite generous, as is the passenger space, which is what you’ve come to expect from 3rd row Mercedes-Benz SUVs. And that…
Behold the 2023 EQS SUV. This iconic all-electric vehicle is the epitome of luxury and sophistication, boasting an elegant design that turns the heads of drivers everywhere. However, the EQS interior is where the real magic happens. Combining a spacious and flexible cargo area with next-level technology, it’s easy to spend time in the EQS…